EV Charger Installation
Once you have your EV, you’ll need an EV charger station to replenish your battery. If you are looking to install your own EV charger station in your house or need multi-unit stations for your commercial property, our electricians can do the job!
If you live in Greater Vancouver and need a new vehicle, there’s a good chance you’re considering an EV (electric vehicle). First off, EVs are far kinder to the environment than their gas-guzzling counterparts. Plus, if you’re a regular highway driver, your EV gives you permission to use the HOV lane. Who doesn’t want a faster commute?
Everyone knows that Tesla pioneered the first all-electric vehicles with durable batteries. Now, that trend has skyrocketed. More than 15 manufacturers offer all-electric vehicles, including BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes, MINI, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
What is an EV Charger Station?
Once you have your EV, you’ll need an EV charger station to replenish your battery. Just like your mobile phone, your vehicle will need to be recharged regularly. You don’t want to be stranded on the side of the road!
Also like your mobile phone, it’s important to note that different vehicle models require different types of EV chargers. You’ll need to verify that your home EV charger is appropriate for the vehicle you’ve chosen.
Beyond that, however, you have options – all depending on how quickly you want your EV battery to charge:
- Level 1 chargers connect to standard 120-volt outlets, which means they charge slowly: it takes 12 to 20 hours for them to fully charge a battery EV.
- Level 2 chargers are more powerful, using a 240-volt connection (like your oven and dryer). They typically recharge a battery EV in 6 to 14 hours.
- Fast Chargers (also known as Level 3) live up to their name, bringing an EV to full charge in 1 to 4 hours.
Why Central Electrical Systems?
Locally owned and operated, our team at Central Electrical Systems takes pride in a job well done – the first time. We’re confident that you’ll love our friendly licensed electricians: they’re knowledgeable and experienced, equipped to handle any electrical issues that they run into. Moreover, because we only use the best products and equipment, you can rest assured that our workmanship will stand the test of time.
Are you looking for the best electrician near you?
Our electrical contractors provide electrical repairs and installation services in Abbotsford and all communities throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland 24/7.
Our EV Charging Station Services Include:
Residential (Single-Family Home) EV Charger Station Installation
If you’re looking to install an EV charger at your home, you’ll want to choose either a Level 1 or Level 2 charger. As noted above, Level 1 chargers are the slowest option; however, the age of your home and available power will play a role in your choice. We can help you assess your options and make the best choice that will minimize your charging time without creating other complications.
Multi-unit Residential Building EV Charger Station Installation
Multi-unit residential properties typically choose between Level 2 and Level 3 chargers. Again, available current (amperage) will play a role in which option you choose. These property owners need to consider who will be using the chargers and how often, as well as what locations are available to host the chargers.
Workplace/Office Building EV Charger Station Installation
Most commercial EV chargers are either Level 2 or Level 3. Your choice will depend on whose vehicles you are charging. If you’re mostly serving your customers, either level will work fine – depending on what you want to offer them. However, if you’re trying to keep your own fleet of EVs up and running, you’ll definitely want to go with a Level 3 for the fastest possible charge.
DCFC/L3 Fast Charger Stations Roadside
Level III or properly named DCFC (Direct Current Fast Charger) is another form of charging utilizing DC power (direct current) providing much faster charge times. With Level III, charge times are significantly faster ranging from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. Typically, the battery is only charged to approximately 80% of its capacity. The remaining 20% can take up to 6 hrs. on a trickle charge to complete.
If you are looking to install your own EV charger station in your house or multiple stations for your commercial property, get in touch. Our electricians have the experience to answer your questions and help you out!Give us a call!
Get in touch
- 29219 Marsh McCormick Rd, Abbotsford BC V4X 2B4
- Mon-Fri 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- 778 255 2222